Myanmar's military is limiting critically needed humanitarian aid for earthquake victims in areas where it sees opposition to its rule, the United Nations human rights office said.
4mon MSN
Search teams have pulled more bodies from the ruins of buildings a week after a massive earthquake rocked Myanmar killing more than 3,300 people.
Myanmar’s military has continued to launch airstrikes and other attacks against opposition forces in the devastated country, one week since a 7.7 magnitude earthquake struck and despite agreeing to a ceasefire,
The grouping is concerned that the catastrophe would 'worsen an already-dire humanitarian situation' caused by civil war in the Southeast Asian nation.
Myanmar's ostracised junta chief met the leaders of India and Thailand during a regional summit in Bangkok on Friday, and the U.N. said his military was limiting humanitarian aid following the earthquake that killed over 3,
Myanmar ’s military junta has declared a ceasefire in its ongoing civil war with ethnic rebel groups until 22 April, a day after it confirmed that soldiers had fired at a Chinese convoy carrying aid for victims of last week’s devastating earthquake.
Explore more
Myanmar’s ruling military has declared a temporary ceasefire in the country’s civil war to facilitate relief efforts after a 7.7 magnitude earthquake, which has killed over 3,000 people.
Myanmar's ruling military has declared a three-week ceasefire in its operations against armed rebels. This comes in the wake of the devastating 7.7-magnitude earthquake on Friday. How significant is this temporary ceasefire and could it pave the way for a more permanent truce?